Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Nursery Progress - Need your input

Nursery is coming a long great! We have all of our furniture, bedding, etc. At this point we just need to get the chair rail, new (or paint existing) baseboards, curtains and a few other decorative items.

First off, let me show you my inspiration.

First we were planning on doing vertical stripes on the top of the walls with a chair rail, then solid chocolate brown on the bottom. We did a sample, and I just wasn't feeling it. It was just too busy for me. I came across this picture (sorry I cannot remember where I found it), and loved the soft colors with the horizontal stripes on the one wall, with the chair rail. We decided to do something similar.


We went with soft pinks instead of gray (even though I love the gray/pink combo). I also knew from the beginning if we were having a girl I wanted white furniture. Here's what we have so far. Again, it's not the final reveal.

Here's where I need your help. I feel like there's starting to be too many polka dots. I was planning on sewing curtains. I was going to do a solid brown then a polka dotted boarder. Do you think it would be too many polka dots if I did that? Or should I just go with a solid color? And if I did brown, would there be too much brown? We have the brown (and polka dot) bedding, brown shag rug, brown (polka dotted) changing pad,  the pink and brown (polka dotted) canvas bins, and are getting a brown glider.  I feel like I'm over-doing the polka dots here. What do you think? HELP! 

Crib wall and stripes. I am not a fan of bedding sets for babies. I don't like all the cartoon looking prints (you know like animals, teddy bears etc). I think they're cute, just not what I wanted. I actually found this simple bed set at Target on clearance marked down from $65 to $16! I had to swoop it up. It's just a 3 piece bed set. Blanket, bumper and sheet. Although I replaced the sheet with a solid pink sheet. The other sheet was white and it had different colored brown polka dots. Oh and the other side of the bumper and blanket have stripes.


We knew that the changing dresser wouldn't  be enough storage, so we made a trip to IKEA. I love this dresser. It's sitting in the closet for extra storage.

 We also purchased the floating wall shelves (2 of them. the other will go above the changing dresser which hasn't been installed yet), and this box  thingy. Husband's original idea was to hang it, but it was way more bulky than we thought, so it's there on the floor for organization.


 Finally got the changing dresser!
 Stupid wooden monkey. I hate it, but Husband just HAD to have it. We're going to hang it above the changing table. It's the only thing that Husband REALLY wanted, so I let him have it, even though I hate it.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Beautiful Nursery!!!!