Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: 18

Day 18-Something you regret

Ooh another easy one!
The thing I regret most in life is being a beauty school dropout. :(



Beauty school is actually pretty grueling. I mean, it's easy and fun and all, but it's so time consuming. Part time hours consist of Monday through Friday evenings 5-10pm. And it'll take you almost 2 years to complete (they go by hours. I believe you need 1600 hours total to graduate). When you work full time this is not an easy task. So my day basically started at 6:30AM, I'd get to work at 8AM, only a half hour lunch break so I can leave by 4:30 to get to school by 5:00. I got burnt out quick. And not only that, but at the time (this was like 5 or 6 years ago) I had a really bad roomate situation. So not only was i tired because of my schedule, but i wasn't getting any sleep at night because of the roommate situation. I mean, real school isn't even that bad! You go a few days a week and have options on doing it online. Beauty school is either full time (8-5 mon-fri) or part time, which i mentioned above.

I know, I'm making excuses... I should've just delt with it. What I did, was take a break. I swore to all that's holy I was returning in 2 months.... yeah. It's been like i said 5 or 6 years. I don't see myself returning at this point unless I don't have to work full time (especially after making babies), and i'll never be able to not work or only work part time, because we can't afford it. I should've gone back like I planned way back when. Oh wellsies!

No comments: