Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tae Kwon Do

Taekwondo (태권도; IPA: /tɛkwɒndoʊ/) is a Korean martial art. Taekwondo is the national sport of South Korea. It is also regarded as the world's most popular martial art in terms of number of practitioners,[1] and sparring, or kyeorugi, is an official Olympic sporting event. In Korean, tae 태 跆 means "to trample with the foot"; kwon 권 拳 means "fist"; and do 도 道 means "way"; so taekwondo is loosely translated as "the way of the foot and fist".


A couple months ago I started Tae Kwon Do.
I'm taking the class at my Dad's Martial Arts Academy, so it's free.99, which is a plus! I didn't think I'd like it cause all my life I always thought it was so dorky, but I actually like it a lot! It's a great workout, and I'm also getting my flexability back from my dancer days.

Anyhooters, this past Saturday in the middle of moving (literally) I took time out to test for my yellow belt. That's right bitches! I'm a big bad yellow belt now! Watch out or I will round house kick you in the face! haha! I try to practice my skillz on the hubs but he's still too quick for me. I'd love to kick his ass. At least once. The dude is strong (all in a playful way of course).

Oh and here's a really embarrassing/funny story for you... Okay, so I tested at the Academy at 12:30pm. Then at 7PM I had to go back for graduation to get my belt. Well, they have the graduation at a school nearby, because the academy just isn't big enough for all the parents. There are a lot of students, mainly children. Some of the cutest kids, by the way. Like, little ones! They call them teh "Little Dragons". So cute! Anyway, I'm on my way out and I stop by the bathroom to wash my hands - they're just so dirty from moving and the handsoap at home was packed in some random box. So I run into the bathroom, and start washing my hands. Then some dude walks in, and I think WTF? Then I look up and I can see a urinal, with a guy pissing in it in the mirror. Then I really think "WTF?!". I say, "Oh.My.GOD! I am in the WRONG bathroom, aren't I? I am so sorry." The dude just chuckled and said, "oh it's okay." and I ran like a bat out of hell out of there. I was SO embarrassed!

No comments: