Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recipe: Turkey Tostadas

Pretty easy recipe. I like finding healthier ways to make my favorite foods. I'm a huge mexican food junkie, so in order to shed some poundage, I like to create my own healthier ways of my favorite mexican dishes. So instead of heading to Top Shelf or Taco Bell, I make my version at home. Saves money and 10lbs!

Turkey Tostadas:

Ingredients
1lb of lean ground turkey meat (or extra lean is always better, however it's pretty expensive)
1 can of fat free refried beans
1tbs of cayenne pepper (or deciding on how spicey you want it. I like spicey)
1tbs of chili powder - these aren't exact measurements. I never measure. it's more of a to taste type of thing.
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of salt

Toppings
chopped lettuce
guacamole
fat free sour cream
salsa
reduced fat cheese.

Directions:
Cook ground turkey over medium heat until cooked all the way through.
Mix cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt together to make your taco seasoning (way less sodium than the store bought and tastes just as good).
when the turkey is cooked, mix in some of the taco seasoning and a little water.
For the beans I usually add a little bit of skim milk to them to make them a little more creamy. The FF kind tend to be a little dry.
Then just pile your toppings on and there you go!
Enjoy!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mmm these look really good. I wanna try them! Yum I am hungry now.