Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Edgefest 2008!




Can I just tell you how excited I am for this year's Edgefest?

For those of you who don't know what Edgefest is, let me explain. The Edge 103.9 is the only alternative rock station here in Phoenix. They were at one time the only Independant radio station as well. I don't think they're all that independant anymore, but don't get me started on that. Edgefest is basically like the Warped Tour, but in my opinion, better. One because the Warped Tour features a lot of up and coming bands, and the Edgefest features bands that have been around for a while (and some of my favorites. We'll get to the lineup in a bit). Another reason why I think Edgefest is better than Warped Tour is because they like to have Warped Tour here in AZ, June/July, in the middle of summer, in 115 degree heat! Which has become unbearable for me now that I'm getting old. haha Edgefest comes around the end of September when it's starting to cool off. Much better.

Edgefest has been around for 14 years here in the valley. The Edge 103.9 used to be The Edge 106.3 until they were bought out by a mexican radio station a few years back. Edgefest used to be called That Damn Show. Actually That Damn Show 1998 was my first concert ever! I believe Blink 182, No Doubt and Lenny Kravitz were there that year. When The Edge 106.3 was bought out they said that this will be the last That Damn Show ever. So when they changed stations and were still around they weren't able to call it That Damn Show anymore, they changed the name to Edgefest. Kind of dumb, but whatever.

Now, let's get to the lineup, the reason why I am so damn excited!

We have my #1 favorite band Authority Zero. This isn't much of a surprise cause they are local and play mostly every year. And yes, I've seen them so many times I've lost count, but I haven't seen them play in like a year 1/2, so I can't wait to see them. And a lot has changed, so I'm curious to see how they perform with a new bass player.


This is me with Jason Devoure, the lead singer celebrating my bday a couple years back at a show. Yes, I was being a groupie and asked him to take a picture with me. haha


Then we have NOFX. HELLO! NOFX! Awesome! And this is like one of my favorite bands I've actually never seen live. Can you believe that?! Cannot wait!



Pennywise. Always awesome.



Rise Against. One of the hub's top favorites.



Flogging Molly - Hub's #1 fav.



Alkaline Trio - another I haven't seen live. Very excited.



And much more including Ludo, Flobots, The Kooks, etc etc etc. For more info about the Edgefest click here

No comments: