Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 27

Day 27- Pets

Yay! I've been waiting for this one! You know I love my doggies. They've been my babies, so I am curious to see how they act or how I act once we have a real baby in the house.

First I have my cat, Tipsy. I got her when I was 19 and living on my own for the first time, so she's special to me because she was my first pet. She's well... she a cat. Nothing too special to say about her. Cats are just... blah. She's pretty though. She has super pretty crystal blue eyes. This is the only picture I could find. She's a hermit and only comes out when she wants food... This is with my other cat who we gave away. Tipsy's the one in the back.


Then we have Gizmo. Gizzy, Gizmeatloaf, Jerry Garcia, Bubbers, Butthead, Giz, Buddy, Gizmeeto... He has a lot of nicknames. I'm not going to lie, he's my favorite. Everyone loves Gizmo. He's definitely a people person. He doesn't really care much for other doggies, although he's not agressive at all. Just ignores them. He thinks he's a person, I swear. He's lazy, he's stubborn, He's like a grumpy old man although he's only four years old, but I looooves him.




Then we have Lily. :::sigh::: Lily is the baby. She's freaking insane. She is an attention whore. She's an alpha female for sure. Balls and toys are like crack to her. Seriously. You give her a toy/ball and her eyes get SO big, and then she's after that thing all day. Non.stop. She will play fetch with you non stop. I have to take it away from her or else she won't stop or even sleep. When i take it away she literally shakes and cries about it. Like she's going through withdraws or something. Don't even say the word "ball" in her presence. I only give her the ball a couple times a week. I have to limit it. On the other hand, she's super smart. Girlfriend was potty trained in like two weeks when she was a puppy. She's also the biggest cuddler in the world. She's a lap dog for sure. She always has to be near me. She follows me around, whereas Gizmo is more independant. She sleeps with me every night, cuddled up underneath the covers (even in the summer) next to me. When she was itty bitty she would sleep right on my neck. She's super needy. When she gets overwhelmed or scared she wants me to hold her, but I won't because I don't want her to think that's okay. She gets jealous. We are going to some major jealousy issues around here when the baby comes, that's for sure. She loves kisses. Getting them and giving them. She will come up to you and put her cheek right in your face and keep it there until you give her kisses. She's pretty funny and has a ton of personality. Although she's kind of a scardy-cat (dog) with strangers. People don't really like Lily because she's pretty overwhelming and hyper. I think she's hilarious. Keeps us entertained that's for sure! And she's super cute.

 Itty bitty baby Lily. Soooo damn cute.
 See that crazy look in her eye?
 Don't let her fool you with that innocent look.

I love my doggies to death, and I am very interested to see what happens after Cailin's here. The dynamics are about to change for sure. They haven't acted like they have a clue as to what's going on. We already have issues with Lily trying to steal baby socks and toys. Gizmo likes the toys that make noise as well. We've already tried reinforcing and telling them "no!" when they get close to the baby stuff. Good thing most of the bigger items scare the crap out of Lily.

No comments: