Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Looking back on the best day of my life

I know I had my anniversary post not too long ago, but I saw this on Alyss Amazing's blog and decided to copy it here.

1. Where did you and your husband meet? Thru mutual friends


2. How long before you kissed? Hmmm... a few months (not after we started dating, but after we met). We didn't start dating right away, we were friends first.


3. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. I'd never make the first move!


4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? 3 1/2 years!


5. How did he propose? On Easter. We woke up a little hung over from going out the night before. He went out on the balcony of our then tiny one bedroom apartment to smoke his morning cigarette (or so I thought), and I came and sat on the couch. He comes in with an Easter basket and says "Happy Easter my love!" I start looking thru it, just knowing what was in there. I start opening up all the fake eggs just to find jelly beans. Then he hands me the stuffed Easter Bunny. It was holding an Egg that zipped open. At this point, I'm super nervous cause I know he's about to propose, and I'm almost shaking to the point I can't open the stupid zipper! So he opens it, pulls out the ring, gets on one knee and says, "Girlfriend, will you marry me?" I start giggling uncontrollably as he puts the ring on my finger. It was so cute.

6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? He picked it out and did a great job!

7. Do you still like the ring? Of course!


8. Where was your wedding and reception? We had our ceremony and reception at the Glendale Civic Center.

9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? 5 bridesmaids - My sister Lindsey was my MOH

10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? olive green


11. What was your bouquet made of? white and green roses, green ranunculus and hypercum berries


12. Who gave you away? Dad


13.Did you cry during your wedding? No. I was way too nervous to have everyone watching me! I thought i'd be a mess, but my nerves got the best of me. Both of us, actually.

14. What style was your dress? I wore Maggie Sottero's Grace Lynette. It was a gorgeous champagne colored dress A-line dress, with an ivory lace on top.


16. Who caught your bouquet? KAYA! My 9 year old niece. haha

17. What flavor was your cake? We had 3 layers, all of which were different flavors - The first layer was white cake with fresh berry filling. 2nd layer was chocolate cake with chocolate moose filling (with chocolate shavings!) and the top layer was strawberry cake and fresh strawberry filling.


18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? funny story. We had planned (and I BEGGED the hubs to be nice), but then Darryl (his boss) literally came up to me and said, "You gotta smash him with the cake." Me, "No no no. We agreed to be nice." Darryl: "I will pay you $50 to smash him. But you gotta get him GOOD!" Me, "hmmm... ::giggles:: okay! It's on!" And smashed i did. it was awesome.

19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? "Underneath It All" (acoustic version) by No Doubt

20. What did you serve your guests to eat? The food was delicious. We started with a southwestern ceaser salad, main course was grilled chicken with a chipotle cream sauce with seasonal vegis and twice baked potato on the side.

21. Where's 21???

22. What was your favorite wedding gift? They were all great, but I gotta give it to Judy (and Sarah, and whoever else who helped). They got us a gorgeous hotel suite at The Point Tapatio Cliffs for two nights including the wedding night. They decked it out in rose petals, and there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with champagne on the coffe table. It was awesome.

23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? There weren't any! We got double of a lot of stuff, but no biggie, cause we returned the doubles. :)

24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We took a mini moon to Sedona for a few days. We were supposed to go to California, but it was kind of on fire. :/

25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? Yes. I think I wouldn't have done pictures first. I didn't like that everyone was standing around outside so everyone saw me before the ceremony. And because there were so many people around, it didn't make the "seeing hubs for the first time" that special. I probably would've chosen another venue. The venue was fine, but the caterer was a nightmare! They were just horrible to work with. Food and service the day of was great, but getting to that point was not easy.

No comments: