Baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall Crafts

I've been feeling crafty lately. Here are some fun Halloween/Fall crafts I've made.


First let's start with the sewing. I'm not much of a sewer. I want to be. I haven't sewed anything harder than a few hair bows and a couple pillow cases. In fact, I only have my mother-in-law's 1971 Singer. Then when I couldn't figure out why the thred kept pulling out of the needle, I bought one of those mini sewing machines. Then the same thing  happened to that one! Obviously it's something I'm doing wrong. Anyway, I ended up borrowing one of my friend's machine for the project (and the needle stayed in the thred). I started with a toddler a-line dress pattern that I bought from JoAnn's. I couldn't figure it out on my own, so the MIL came and helped me. Thank goodness! After the dress was sewed, I cut out felt triangles for the pattern. My plan was just to iron them on, but that wasn't working, so I just sewed them on individually. My friend gave me some skull and crossbone buttons for my bday and they came in handy for the buttons!

I really wanted Cai to be Pebbles last year, but she didn't have enough hair at that point to put in a cute pony tail. So we did it this year. My plan was to make it a shirt, and buy a cute pair of blue bloomers, but that didn't happen, so I just made it a dress. Worked just fine! For the bone I just printed out a bone online, and made a pattern, cut the felt in that shape, sewed it, stuffed it, and hot glued a clip to it.



Next are a few Pinterest inspired crafts. I'm sure you've seen them...

 This one didn't turn out great. Can you tell there are different sized eyes? Oops.
 
 
 
And my favorite (I'm really happy about how this turned out!):
 
 
 
Whatya think?
 

No comments: