I meal plan every week. Not only is it healthier, but it saves money. I try to do 4-5 meals a week at home. Usually we'll eat out Friday & Saturday. Family dinners on Sundays every once in a while, maybe a BBQ at the next door neighbor's or a friend's house. Oh and the day I go grocery shopping usually a "fend for yourself" type of night, meaning husband can make himself sandwiche or something, because it's late and I just lugged a 17/18lb baby around in the Moby for an hour while grocery shopping and I'm exausted and my back hurts, and I can't wait till she can sit up on her own so I can put her in the damn grocery cart!
Anyhooters, my weekly meals usually look something like this: Mexican food one day, Italian/pasta one day, some sort of grilled or baked meat w/vegis, casserole or crockpot meal.
Here are my meals for this week's menu:
- BBQ pork ribs (was supposed to be pork chops but they didn't have a good selection at the store) w/corn on cob.
- Greek Chicken with Tzaziki and Cucumber Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- Lowfat cheeseburger casserole - I use reduced fat Pillsbury buscuits instead of making my own.
- Crockpot bean & cheese burrito casserole - made with carb balance tortillas and reduced fat cheese.
- So there you have it. That's four meals on this week's plan.