So, I'm a little late here... I slacked on it, then my computer was eaten by viruses, now my computer seems to be working... So yay!
Cailin is now 15 weeks, so she's closing into her fourth month actually, but I had to do the 3 month post still.
Let me start off by saying that the third month really is this magical-colic goes away- now you have an awesome baby, month! OMG she is a whole new baby, and I LOVE it! No more screaming and crying, no more tummy issues, yay! Thought this day would never come. I've been waiting for this age since she was born, and man did it take forever! But I'm so happy now, and more importantly, so is she.
Stats for this month:
Note: Weight/Height info done at home, not sure how accurate it is.
* Weight: 15lbs - Per this website, she's in the 95th percentile. I don't know how accurate this website is though, because her 2 months %ile were off from what the doctor told me. All I know is that she is definitely chunky and that's okay with me because I love me some fat babies! I am loving her fat arms and thigh rolls. LOVE THEM!
* Height: 23.5 in long. 64th %ile from that website as well.
* Head: didn't measure.
* Food: She has still been eating 4-5oz every 3 hours, but we're starting to up this. We'll feed her and then an hour & 1/2 later she's screaming because she's hungry. So we feed her another 2oz then she's screaming again in another hour. Last night I fed her 5.5 and 6oz bottles and she took it all. So it's either going to be 5 or 6oz bottles now.
* Sleep:Ugh. It was really good for a while there! She was sleeping 6 hours straight, only waking up once a night to eat. This week, however, she's been only sleeping 4 hours at a time and waking up SCREAMING because she's just STARVING! So again, upping her bottles might help. Although I fed her 6oz before bed last night and she still woke up twice. Took 5.5oz at 2am and 4oz and 6am. I think she's going through a growth spurt. I'll tell you what, once you start sleeping longer, and then have to wake up more often again it's way harder than when you were already doing it for months! My body just got used to sleep longer than 3 hours.
* She's in 3 month clothing and size 2 diapers still, but not for long, I think.
*Head Update: It has improved, but not 100%. I'm not sure what to do. I am going to ask the doctor at her 4 month appointment and go from there. I'm trying to dodge that helmet at all costs ($4000 cost that is!). So if she thinks it has improved enough that we can continue to do what we're doing and get it 100% on our own without the helmet, that's what I'm going for.
* She smiles ALL the time now! She even smiles and cries at the same time. She has issues. haha! She's so close to giggling too!
* She talks a lot. Gurgles and coos. Love it!
* SLOBBER EVERYWHERE! OMG this kid slobbers so much! Spit bubbles, soaking her shirt, and all! I hope she's not already teething. I did read that they produce more saliva at this age and don't know how to swallow it yet. I'm hoping. I'm not ready for her to start teething.
* Her hands are always in her mouth, and your hands too if you'll let her. I do, and she chews them! Not just sucking. Another reason, I'm afraid that she's teething. But I'm not quite sure if I feel anything. I dunno...
* She's finally grabbing things on purpose. Like toys, blankets, my hair, etc. And it all goes straight to her mouth for the most part. When she grabs at a toy, and pulls on it, brings it to her mouth, picks it up, I applaud her! Tell her how smart and strong she is. :) Her movements are still a little jerky, and she ends up hitting herself in the head with the rattle, but it's improving every day. Waiting to put that Sophie to use!
* She can "stand". With assistance of course. She bears weight on her legs and pushes herself up. She has been since 2 months-ish. I swear she's going to be an early walker.
* I'm getting less "She looks just like you!" and more of "She looks like Brian!" Hmph!
That's all I can think of right now... I'm sure there's more. Here's her super cute 3 month picture. I am obsessed with this picture. I think it's the best non professional picture of her yet. Look at that smirk!
And let's compare, shall we?