Holy moly, Girlfriend! Slow down on this growing thing, would ya? I'm officially saying that time is starting to go by way too fast. In just one month, my little bitty baby will be 6 months old. That's half of a year! Where has time gone? It's bittersweet, really. On one hand I love watching her grow and learn new things (isn't that the best thing about motherhood?). On the other hand, it makes me sad that she's growing up so fast. :( I want her to be my little baby forever.
I am loving it though. She is so much fun, and such a happy baby. She's my little angel. I love her more than words could ever express. Let's see what's been going on this month...
First, I had my first Mother's Day. It was a great day. Husband got me some beautiful roses, and a very sweet card. Then we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Oreganos. Yum! Other than that, it was pretty laid back and nice.
Fun Facts this month:
I decided not to take her measurements at home, considering how off I was at 3 months. I'll just wait till next month and update then...
* She's full on squeeling now. Love this sooo much.
* As mentioned in another post she's rolling constantly, and is a tummy sleeper now.
* She's really starting to STTN!! (sleep thru the night, for those non moms). Some nights she still wakes up once to eat, but most nights she's sleeping all the way through. Which results in this from time to time:
* We've officially cleaned out her closet. She's out of 3 month clothing, and even some 6 month clothing is getting tight. Depends on the brand. Mostly Carters 6 month clothing is snug, because IMO, Carters runs small. So she's in 6-9 months in some, 9 month in others. Anyway, now her closet and drawers are pretty bare.
* She's still eating 5 oz of formula every 3 hours on the dot.
* She's become a little of a drama queen. That 3 hours hits and it is time to eat NOW! And she will scream bloody murder until you get that bottle in her mouth. And now if she bonks herself in the head or scratches herself she starts crying. Like, "OMG that HURT!" Before she never really seemed to notice.
* Speaking of the bottle, she knows what it is now. She sees it and grabs for it, and brings it to her mouth. She gets all excited. She's reaching out to me a little. Like touching and exploring my face. I'll grab her hand when she's doing that and touch different parts of my face and tell her what it is. for example: I'll touch her hand to my cheek and say "cheek" or mouth and then say "lips" and then kiss her hand like 10 times. haha!
*She's a full on thumb sucker! She's even ditching the binky at times to suck her hands/thumb now. It drives me a bit crazy though when she tries to suck her thumb at the same time that she's eating, or tries to suck her thumb and binky at the same time, then gets frustrated.
She's pretty much just learning something new every day at this point and her motor skills are improving daily too. I can't wait until she's sitting up on her own. She hasn't started yet, but we've bought an exersaucer and put her in that, and her Aunt Jen (who babysits during the day) puts her in her exersaucer too. Which is WAY better than ours. She doesn't really like the one we bought, but loves Jen's. I want to take ours back and buy one like hers. But then I'm not sure if I should just save the $$ and buy a jumperoo instead. Hmmm decisions decisions.
Anyhoots... more pictures!